1. A wonderful blogger made mention that there are only ten weeks left in this school year. It was like the clouds opened and the sun shone through.
2. I was casually reading a great blog So You Want to be a Teacher, about 10 reasons to quit and 9 reasons to stick when #2 reached up and slapped me. I hate my subject material. I HATE TEACHING GEOGRAPHY. It's out. I guess I am a historian at heart and physical geography bores me to tears (It could also be freshmen). I feel like I am betraying years of National Geographic subscriberhood.
3. I have found the world's best roast chicken recipe. Today I made a roast turkey with it and can barely keep myself from going back to the fridge for more.
4. I seriously need a poster of this for my classroom.
5. And while having a hot shower, bathroom and kitchen in a cabin does not necessarily qualify me to have "camped", I did make a lovely fire to roast hot dogs and marshmallows and got some much needed get away time here.