Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday's Thirteen: Driving Songs


My current love these days is my pink Nano that I got for Mother's day. It was an absolute life saver when I took myself and the little farmers on an impromptu gallop to Austin. The shuffle feature kept me alert and it was very interesting to see how the songs that popped up often matched the mood between the sometimes warring farmers in the backseat. Don't worry, no matter how tempting, I didn't have the earplugs in my ears. Got the handy FM transmitter to go with it. Woo Hoo! No more warping CD's in a hot car in a broiling Texas summer. Anyway, here is a list of the first thirteen songs that drove us South down I-35.
1. If the House is a Rockin'...Stevie Ray Vaughan
2. Talkin' at the Texaco...James McMurtry
3. The Pirates Who Don't do Anything... Veggie Tales
4. Texas 1947....Guy Clark
5. Overkill (Acoustic version)...Colin Hay
6. Normal Like You...Everclear
7. Visions of Johanna...Bob Dylan(I was going to name my youngest Johanna until my stupid ex married a woman by the same name.)
8. Walk Away Renee...The Four Tops
9. Just Like Heaven...The Cure(Stuck in construction traffic in Lancaster singing to the truckers in the lane next to me)
10. Still In Love With You... Al Green(that's the Reverend to you)
11. Tenderness...General Public
12. Illegal Smile...John Prine
13. Australia...The Shins

No comments: